May 18, 2008

I'm going to Brag

Today Tanner's school had an International Art Fair and Brunch. Of course, I saw his teacher there. She began to tell me how she feels that Tanner is really maturing - finally . Then she gave me an example. She said that -- well, a little background. There is a boy in Tanner's class who is somewhat challenging. He has had a lot to overcome, and he has a very hard time in class and making friends with the other students. I feel like every day I am encouraging Tanner and explaining to him how important it is to reach out to kids like "Sam." Of course, he gives me a tirade of how mean the boy is and every other excuse. It is not unusual for the boy to get in trouble and if there is a toe-to-toe with another child, it is most likely "Sam" who started it. So the teacher explains that Tanner and Sam were having words and a little physical activity. The teacher disciplined Sam. I feel so sorry for Sam. Anyway, Tanner corrected the teacher and said, "Mrs. Frig, it actually was me who started it." I had tears in my eyes. I have never been so proud!! Sometimes they really are listening to you.... Thanks for listening...... I love my guy!!!

And so today I am thankful for:

my son....
his honesty
his school
and God for guiding us both.....

2 comments:

Shan said...

sweet tan-man :) XOXO

lindsey said...

he's getting so big!
i tagged you on my blog today!
miss you!