May 2, 2008

First Holy Communion

Tanner's First Holy Communion was a very special day. We attended Mass at 10:00. We spent time before and after taking photos as you have seen. And afterwards we celebrated with our family at Goofy's Kitchen, Tanner's favorite restaurant. We had an awesome brunch and then off to Disneyland. Where else??

As for my handsome son's suit, for that we went to LA. I had seen the suit online for $400+ and that was definitely not an option. So I searched high and low for an alternative. Of course, still focussed on the suit I REALLY wanted. A friend from school mentioned a place she had found her son's suit at in LA and off we went. And there it was the first suit, the first store. $90. He tried it on, and wow he looked Awesome!!! Of course, all he wanted to do was go home, and I just wanted to stand and stare at him. Paid the man and off we went. Well, quick stop to the tailor there (another recommendation from my friend) and for $4 had the pants hemmed. Pretty easy actually.

My cousins are now ending their posts with what they are thankful for. I love the idea so as usual I will follow their lead. They're too smart.....

And so today I am thankful for......

God in control of my life
My friend Vic who always reminds me God is in charge
My son!!!
My ability to make a living working mostly from home

Thank you, God!!!!

2 comments:

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

congrats tanman! He looks so handsome!

Shan said...

Looks like it was a great day! He looked so cute and what a bargain! You know we love a bargain! Love ya ~ XOXO