Feb 18, 2008

Tanner's 9th Birthday

Tanner turned 9 on February 16th. We agreed not to have a party but to have a super fun-filled four-day weekend. I started by buying some inexpensive gifts i.e., Chaotic cards, Funkees, and small water toys. I attached a clue as to what we would be doing next. We started with a day at Camp James on Friday. Then an overnight at Camp James. I then picked him up in the morning, and we were off to breakfast on Balboa Island. A walk to the Peninsula included ice cream and two arcades!!! We then went to Newport Dunes to check out the cottage I rented for two days. Lots of fun, a little small, but lots of fun. I think we would have enjoyed it much more had it been in the summertime.

Off to a surprise dinner at Dave & Buster's, another arcade, and a surprise visit from Auntie, Keegan, and Nolan. Had a great time. Then off to floor seats to see the Harlem Globetrotters. Great show!!!!! Back to the Dunes. Sunday morning we joined Victoria and Chad for mass and breakfast. Finally, back home. It sure felt good to go home and frankly, to quit spending money. Monday morning was the last of the surprises. Back to Camp James for another day camp. More than anything, he LOVES Camp James!!! We are off to bed and back on track for our regular life. I hope this is a birthday he never forgets; I know I won't!!!!!

2 comments:

Shan said...

How fun! You are becoming so creative in your old age - haha. You are such a great mom Carrie!! YOu should have called us - we could have met you guys! Happy Birthday Tan man!!! We love you!!!!

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

Wow! I'm tired just reading about it! how fun!

I'm glad you started a blog! :)